Tuesday 29 June 2010

If I were in a paper form I'd be a magazine

Photobucket

I went magazine shopping today. It was more
successful than my other attempts in this
non magazine loving city.

Anyway I found 'TANK' which I havent bought
for over a year. Don't know if it was a
special edition or whether they have changed
their binding format but its A3 now and in an
actual metal binder!

I sat outside a lovely italian cwaafee shop
and had a flick through and there's an article in
there about konono number 1 (Which we saw at atp)

Photobucket

and a brilliant set of photo's which a dude had
taken of people 'dogging' in Japan.
(I might just like that article especially
because its a rudey one)

Photobucket

My second magazine find I am completely stoked about.
It is the first issue of a mag called oh comely.
And I adore it! I feel like my best friend has written it.
It is put together with real love and care.

Photobucket

As a leaving present Marianna the sneaky little
lady bought me a subscription to Mono Kultur (the
magazine i blogged about before with the smelly issue)
Anyway they arrived about 2 weeks ago. I had a back
issue and the current (smelly) one.
Its such an interesting concept for a magazine just
having one article.

Photobucket

Issue 23 was the most interesting thing I've read in
a while. I was glued to it for about an hour last
night and I learnt a lot about smells.

Photobucket

I want to write sooo much about it but I will have
to leave it once my brain has de-excited itself.

My most prised magazine of all time though has
to be 'Meat Magazine' I only have one issue and its
all based around animals.
I bought it in the tate though and haven't even
attempted to try and find more.

Photobucket

I really should find more

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment