Thursday 10 February 2011

ephelis

So I love my freckles and it makes me sad every year when
they fade that little bit more.
anyway I was tricked for the first time ever by my own
freckle earlier. This is what happened:
I was eating a chocolate bar and thought I had dropped
a chocolate crumb on my arm, I went to wipe it off but
it didn't come off....it was a freckle!
This inspired me to make a freckle blog, here are some

Freckles
FRECKLE FACTS:
Freckles are clusters of concentrated melanin which are most often visible
on people with a faircomplexion.
A freckle is also called an "ephelis
The formation of freckles is triggered by exposure to sunlight.
The exposure to UV-B radiation activates melanocytes to increase
melanin production, which can cause freckles to become darker.
Freckles are predominantly found on the face
People with freckles usually have a lower concentration of photoprotective
melanin and are therefore more susceptible to the harmful effects of UV-radiation
Sunscreen is a good present for someone with freckles
Ephelides is a genetic trait

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! It took me a while to even notice a freckle in that picture.

    ReplyDelete