Wednesday 16 February 2011

If I could be any actor

I would be Julie Delpy. I think she's a phenomenal woman.
She has acted in, directed or produced some of my favourite
films such as the three colour films, broken flowers and
2 days in paris (Which is in my top 5 films - 2 days in new
york is in post production!) Totally my idillic neurotic couple.

2DaysInParis1Interv

2-Days-In-Paris-2007-Julie-Delpy-pic-2

So I was researching some of her other films a few weeks
back and came across Before Sunrise and Before sunset. I didn't
want to know anything about them I just wanted to watch them.
before I bought them I added them onto my Love film list.
Before Sunset arrived today. and unfortunately it was the sequel
to before Sunrise.
I watched it anyway and it melted my heart. I've never watched a
film so filled with relatable love before that didn't include a
kiss or ever more than a few seconds of affection.

bestfilms2004

BUT basically Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke (In the first film)
meet in Europe and spend one amazing night together. They don't
exchange numbers or addresses and never saw each other again.

b4rise

Before Sunset was 9 years on and they meet in Paris. I don't
know if its because it's that whole transatlantic relatable
love story but it was so beautifully produced.
He has an hour before he has to catch his flight and the
story is basically that hour from start to end.


The film has an open ending. My imagination has turned
it into the most epic romantic ending that has ever
existed

No comments:

Post a Comment