Tuesday 18 May 2010

Marianna's Speech

I know your going to hate sitting through this Ree. However, I wanted to embarrass/make you laugh and melt your heart all at the same time before you leave.

I’ll try to make this as painful as possible.....

As we all know, the majority of our crew were brought together by Le Pub. I think it’s safe to say that some of your strongest friendships have been established there including our very own.

We grew even closer after you’d ventured to Uni in Leicester. With me posting you gifts such as that leopard ashtray which we’ve used right up until this day as a holder for the many bulbs of garlic we’ve used to cook with.

Although I only managed to visit you once in the whole three years of your course, we still managed stay the closest of friends.

I’d never been so excited as I was when you finally returned back to Newport and back into my arms.

We planned so many trips in our heads but although they didn’t materialize, the one thing we both dreamed of actually did! And that one thing was moving in together. ‘’We can wear each others clothes’’ we bellowed ‘’and shoes! Oh wait you’re a 5 and I’m a 6’’ ‘’Shiiiit’ we said in disappointment. But in the end I managed to shrink my feet to a 5 and we both lived in shoe harmony.

Through all the highs & lows, we’ve been right by each other’s side. Every time either of us were poorly we’ve helped each other get better. I’d like to take this opportunity to appologise for all the times you’ve been sick and I’ve not heard you. You know I’m a deep sleeper

Moving to Leicester again has been on the cards for a while now and I’ve been asking myself a few questions. Such as:

*Who’s going to make sure that I wake up after falling asleep on the sofa?

*Who’s going to answer my questions when watching an intense film?

*Who’s going to laugh at the ridiculous noises my throat likes to make from time to time, as well as my burping, and of course my Mariannarisms?

Although you wont be here in sight, you will always be with me right by my side.

I cant tell you how much I am going to miss you, I really cant. I feel like I’m loosing half of me.

Thank you so much for being an amazing friend. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to do the job.

I want you to know that I will be here for you whenever you need me. Whenever you want to chat, laugh, cry I am just a phone call or a 2 hour drive away.

You will always come first to me but I know you know that already.

"Real friendships among people are so rare that when they occur they are famous."
-Clarence Day

And your friendship with each and everyone of us here is fabulously famous. Whether you want to call her Nony, Piano, Ree or in my case ‘my best friend’ here’s to her (& William) and the bright future ahead of them in Leicester and beyond.

I feel confident saying this on behalf of everyone here that we will miss you incredibly so my lady. We ‘I’ love you very much.


Photobucket

I will miss her everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment